Tuesday 1 October 2013

My Goal:

With the reaserch I have conducted its clear that character design is a wide and vast pool of knowledge and that the only way to fooly learn errors in design is through trial and error.

Goals:

-I have a maltidude of characters required this week I  will be assembling the list of my character assets required and using the research gathered in terms of what makes a good character design gives me a great starting point of how I should be thinking and the best way to approch these characters.

-Weapon design and 3d models: I also intend on creating the characters weapons as this is a task I feel better left to the character designer as I would have made that character I can ensure that the weapon design fits to my description and make adjustments when parts just dont make sence, as I said in the beggining have to ask ourselves why, and my interpritation of this is even though the game is based on an alien world why are we using magic and fantasy instead of the standard strong scifi influence , and why if it important for my characters to look,move,act,and fight the way I design them as long as I can answer these questions I know my designs are heading down the right direction.

-I also I intend to look into character rigging and animation as well as weapon rigging, even if it not possible to learn or rig that many models in that time a full understanding of each will allow me to design my characters arcodingly, enduring that the rigging process will be smooth will save time in development and if I am able to master the rig and animating section this would also speed up developement, and give us more time to polish game mechanics and character mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment